Expedition Point is a new lakeside residential community development in Madison County, MS It is situated near the southeastern corner of the Natchez Trace Parkway and State Highway 43. The property enjoys excellent access to both highways and is approximately 15- 18 minutes from most points of interest in Madison, Ridgeland and Northeast Jackson.
The community will consist primarily of a gated residential zone comprised of approximately 200 residences varying in size from 2,000 sf to over 5,000 sf.
Internet/telephone/television will be provided by C-Spire and AT&T (FTTH).
Water-Sewer will be provided by Pearl River Valley Water Supply District.
In keeping with the uncluttered natural beauty Expedition Point is providing underground utility services to all of the residential neighborhoods.
Electrical utilities will be provided by Entergy.
Natural gas will be provided by Atmos Energy.
Amenities (existing, to be built, and planned):
Existing amenities include:
Fishing, skiing, sailing and boating are currently available on the 33,000-acre Ross Barnett Reservoir (current boat ramp on-site to be improved)
Natchez Trace equestrian/pedestrian trail located just opposite to Expedition Point on the west side of the Trace only 1 minute from entrance to Expedition Point
Biking along the Natchez Trace – available anytime to biking enthusiasts only 1 minute bike from entrance to Expedition Point
Over 10,000 acres of public hunting land (Pearl River State Wildlife Management Area) located near Expedition Point, managed by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks – just minutes by car from Expedition Point
Turcotte sporting clays range, managed by Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, across State Highway 43, only 1 minute from the entrance to Expedition Point
Amenities to be built and completed within 18-24 months:
• Clubhouse and workout facility will be centrally located within the residential neighborhood.
• Neighborhood recreational areas
• Walking trails
• Multi-use athletic/sports field
• Proposed multi-use building (near boat landing, in commercial area)
• Improvements to boat landing area including bathrooms
Other amenities include:
• 123-acre virtual protected island surrounded by tens of thousands of acres of national park land (33,000-acre lake plus 10,000 acres hunting land plus the Natchez Trace Parkway)
• No stop lights and only one stop sign from Ridgeland to entrance of Expedition Point – one of the most beautiful pristine drives in the Southeastern USA
Located in Madison School District:
– Madison Crossing Elementary School
– Germantown Middle School
– Germantown High School
– Favorably located to Madison Ridgeland Academy
Estimated Homeowner Costs for Homes in the $399K-$599K range:
(compares very favorably to comparable neighborhoods)
• County Tax (Madison) Estimated: $3,400.00
• Pearl River Water Supply District Estimated Rental (per year) $800.00-$2100.00
• HOA Dues will be comparable to similar developments.
• Public Improvement Bond (PID) Assessment (none)
• City Tax (none)
(1) Expedition Point is located in Madison County, not in any municipality.
(2) Unlike Reunion or Lost Rabbit, Expedition Point will not have any PID assessment.
(3) Homeowners shall install a bollard at their driveway entrance providing street lighting and thereby preserving a dark sky.
(4) Each lot in addition to sale price at closing shall pay $1112 for seawall share of common area.